- Prep Time 5 Minutes
- Serves 6
- Cook Time 5 Minutes
- Difficulty Easy
We think this one is a gem; the oil makes the mousse extra smooth and silky. You can also make this with plain extra virgin olive oil of course - or with any other flavours you fancy.
- Dark chocolate (85% cocoa) - 200g
- Eggs – 3
- Caster sugar – 100g
- Nudo Adopt Olive oil stone ground with mandarins - 100g
- Heavy/whipping cream – 200ml
Before you start, make sure you have three clean mixing bowls and a metal or glass bowl to melt the chocolate.
- Use your largest bowl for the egg yolks as you’ll add everything into this at the end. Slowly melt the broken chocolate in a bain-marie. Separate the egg whites and yolks into separate, spotlessly clean bowls. Beat the yolks and half of the sugar until the mix turns pale and thick. Then beat the egg whites and the rest of the sugar until the mixture just stiffens.
- By now the chocolate should be melted, so mix in the mandarin olive oil and put aside to let it cool.
- Now, in another bowl, whip the whipping/heavy cream until it's stiff – it should be ‘sticky’ and not ‘cloggy’.
- Take the bowl with the chocolate/olive oil mix and carefully fold in the contents of the other bowls using a metal spoon: start with the creamy egg yolks, then the stiff egg whites (you want to keep the bubbles intact, so use a figure of eight movements to mix) and lastly the whipped cream.
- Carefully spoon the mixture into some nice serving bowls or glasses, cover with cling film and chill in the fridge for a few hours before serving.
- Garnish with whatever takes your fancy and enjoy this light and easy dessert.