There are not many things in life more comforting than homemade bread rolls fresh from the oven. A big thank you to our lovely customer Mark for this recipe which uses our Rosemary olive oil. We’ll be enjoying these with soup and stew all winter.
Prep Time 2 Hours
Cook Time 2 Hours
- 3 cups bread flour - Makes 12
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup Rosemary olive oil
- 2 teaspoons instant yeast
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh rosemary
- Preheat the oven to 180C/ 350F/ GM 4. Combine all the ingredients in the large bowl of a standing mixer fitted with a dough hook. Knead on medium speed to make a soft, smooth dough, about 8 minutes. Adjust flour and water as needed.
- Then place the dough in a covered and lightly greased bowl and leave to rise for 60 to 90 minutes or until it’s just about doubled in bulk. Move the dough to a lightly floured counter top.
- Divide the dough into 12 equal pieces and shape into round balls or roll into logs and shape into knots. Place the rolls on a parchment-lined baking sheet or sheets, leaving about 2 inches between them. Cover and let rise for 60 to 90 minutes, until they are quite puffy.
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes until golden brown. Transfer the rolls to a cooling rack and brush lightly with a little more rosemary olive oil.