Prep Time 10 Minutes
Cook Time 10 Minutes
- 130 g of semolina
- 100 g of plain flour
- Sea salt
- 2 tablespoons of Nudo Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 90 ml of warm water
- Sea salt flakes or dried herbs
- Heat the oven to 180C / 350F and line a good sized baking tray with baking paper.
- Put the semolina, flour and sea salt into a bowl and mix together. Stir in the extra virgin olive oil adding enough water to make a dough which you can bring together with your hands.
- Dust a wooden board or your work surface with some flour and knead the dough until it can be rolled out; be careful not to not over work the dough at this stage. Roll the dough out until it is about 5mm thick and then either cut into oblongs or use a shaped cutter to stamp out your biscuits. It is best to use two pieces of baking paper to roll out the dough if it is a little sticky, one below and one on top.
- Put the biscuits onto the baking tray, brush them with oil and sprinkle with dried herbs or salt to your taste. If you like, you can brush with any of Nudo's flavoured oils for a twist; we love them with Rosemary oil.
- Bake for about 8-10 minutes or until they are golden brown. You might want to rotate them half way through cooking depending on your oven.
- Cool on a wire rack and serve warm or cooled. Particularly delicious served with soft goats cheese mixed with a little Greek Yogurt and some very fine lemon zest.