Prep Time 30 Minutes
Cook Time 30 Minutes
- 1 Butternut Squash
- Nudo Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3.5 oz/ 100g Parmesan
- Salt & Pepper
- 14 oz/ 400g Plain Flour or Italian ‘00’ Flour
- 4 Large free-range eggs
- Rosemary Flavoured Olive Oil
- Cut the butternut squash in half and remove the seeds. Drizzle in Nudo Extra Virgin Olive Oil, place cut side down in a baking dish and cook in the oven for around 35 minutes at 180 degrees.
- Remove the butternut squash and scoop out the flesh which should be nice and soft from cooking. Puree the flesh in a blender or roughly with a fork and let it cool. Once cool, stir in the grated parmesan and season with salt and pepper to complete your ravioli filling.
- To make the ravioli pasta, place the flour, eggs and a teaspoon of olive oil in a food processor and mix until it takes the form of breadcrumbs. Tip the mix out and knead for 5 minutes, wrap in cling film and place in the fridge for at least 20 minutes.
- Take the pasta dough from the fridge and cut it into 4 manageable pieces. The trick is to roll the pasta through the machine 10 times on the widest setting, folding it back in half each time. The dough should be beautifully smooth. Now work your way down the thicknesses on the machine to the lowest setting and you should have beautiful sheets of pasta, which you need to lay out on a floury surface.
- Put a teaspoon of the filling mixture at regular, well-spaced intervals. Brush around them with a little water and lay another pasta sheet on top, pressing down over the mounds of filling. Cut into ravioli shapes with a pasta cutter.
- Bring a pot of water to boil, with a bit of salt and olive oil. Cook for about 2 minutes. Spoon out the ravioli into your serving dish, drizzle with some Rosemary Flavoured Olive Oil, season with pepper and serve.