Prep Time 25 Minutes
Cook Time 25 Minutes
- Panettone – 750g/26oz
- Butter – 75g/2.6oz
- Milk – 400ml/13.5fl oz
- Cream – 150ml/5fl oz single or double
- Eggs – 2 free range
- Sugar – 125g/1oz
- Ground cinnamon – sprinkling
- Ground nutmeg – sprinkling
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F/GM4.
- Cut your panettone into slices about 1.5cm/½ inch thick. Butter one side of each slice and then cut it into triangles.
- Lay the pieces on an oven proof baking dish. Continue until you fill the dish, nice and cosy.
- Crack the eggs into a mixing bowl and gently whisk them with the sugar. Heat the milk and cream in a saucepan (you can add vanilla too if you like) until it just below boiling. Slowly pour the milk/cream mixture into the mixing bowl with the eggs, stirring continuously.
- Pour the mixture evenly over the panettone soaking each bready peak, and then put it in the oven for about 25 mins, or until the exposed panettone starts to brown. Eat straight away with cold single cream. (You can also cool it, take to a friend’s house, receive adulation, reheat and eat there).