Prep Time 45 Minutes
Cook Time 45 Minutes
- 1 whole 4-5 pound chicken
- 1/4 cup of Nudo mandarin olive oil, divided
- 1/2 cup orange marmalade
- 2 Tbls brown sugar
- 1 small onion sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, smashed
- 1 Tbls fresh rosemary, minced
- 1 small orange, sliced
- Salt and Pepper
- Prepare the chicken 6 hours before cooking to increase the flavours of the glaze.
- Spatchcock the chicken by using kitchen shears to cut along both sides of backbone. Make a small slit in the breastbone and flip over the chicken so the skin side is up and gently push down on the breasts until the bird flattens. Drizzle both sides of the bird with Nudo mandarin olive oil then sprinkle both sides generously with salt and sit in the fridge for 6 hours.
Remove the chicken 30 minutes prior to cooking to allow chicken to come to room temperature. Preheat The oven to 200°C/400°F. Pat the chicken dry, drizzle again with oil. Lay the chicken skin side up on top of the onions, sliced oranges, and garlic on a baking sheet lined with parchment. Cook for 30 minutes.