Prep Time 20 Minutes
Cook Time 20 Minutes
- 1 small onion
- 1 clove of garlic
- 4 tablespoons of Nudo Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tablespoon of flour
- 250 ml of single cream
- 1 ½ litres of stock – chicken or vegetable
- Juice and zest of a large unwaxed lemon
- Ground nutmeg
- Bay leaf
- 3 tablespoons of roasted almonds
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Nudo Lemoni olive oil
- Finely chop the onion and crush the garlic with the back of a wooden spoon.
- Heat the olive oil in a large pan and add the onion and garlic until it browns gently.
- Add the flour and stirring constantly cook over a low heat for a minute.
- Add the stock and bring to the boil using a wire whisk to avoid any lumps forming.
- Add the lemon juice and zest, bay leaf and nutmeg.
- Season to taste.
- Simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add 2/3rds of the almonds, discard the bay leaf and blitz in the blender.
- Return to the pan to add the cream whisking gently.
- Garnish with a little lemon zest and remaining almonds.
- For an extra lemony hit drizzle some of Nudo Lemoni oil over also.