We believe in a perky little something to get the party going – and we are not just referring to the tequila slammers. Nudo’s chilli oil takes a few seconds to fire up: we liken it to a Sicilian donkey with a soft friendly nose at the front hiding a cheeky kick at the back. Here, their fresh chillies add to the thrill ride.
Prep Time 5 Minutes
Cook Time 5 Minutes
- Garlic cloves – 4 peeled
- Olive oil with chilli – 2 glugs
- Red chilli – 1
- Aubergine/eggplant – 1 large
- Ciabatta – ½ loaf
- Mozzarella di bufala – 125g/4.5oz
- Parsley – handful
- Squash three of the garlic cloves and mix with the olive oil and finely chopped chilli. Slice the eggplant into ¼-inch thick pieces and mix in with the oil. Cook the slices in a griddle pan for 5mins on each side until tender.
- Cut the bread into 1-inch thick slices, brush each side with chilli olive oil and then grill until golden on each side. Rub the last piece of garlic onto the bread. Thinly assemble the ciabatta with a slice of aubergine, then a slice of mozzarella and top off with a sprig of parsley.