Prep Time 10 Minutes
Cook Time 10 Minutes
- Ricotta cheese - 200g/7oz
- Lemon – the grated zest of 1
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Parmesan cheese - 50g/2oz
- Penne - 400g/14oz
- Basil olive oil for drizzling
- Basil leaves – 15g roughly torn
- In a bowl add the ricotta, lemon zest, salt and pepper and beat together briefly with a whisk.
- Then mix in the torn basil and grated parmesan. At this point you can press pause and pick it up later.
- Cook the pasta in plenty of salted water according to the instructions.
- Add a ladle or so of the pasta water to the ricotta mixture and mix it in.
- When the pasta is al dente, drain it and mix with the ricotta.
- Add a drizzle of olive oil with basil and serve.