Prep Time 5 Minutes
Cook Time 5 Minutes
- Frozen peas, 1 1/2 cups defrosted (or fresh if you have the podding time)
- Garlic, 1 clove crushed
- Pine nuts, 2 tbsp toasted and cooled
- Parmesan cheese, 1/2 cup finely grated
- Salt, big pinch plus more for pasta water
- Nudo Extra Virgin Olive Oil, 1/3 cup
- Basil leaves, a handful
- Tagiatelle, 3-4 nests per person (roughly 340g/ 12oz)
- Bring a small pan of salted water to the boil and add the peas. Cook for 2 minutes and then drain and leave to cool. They should still have a bit of bite.
- Set aside 1/3 of the cooked peas. Then blitz the remaining ones in a food processor till smooth (or with a hand blender) along with the crushed garlic, parmesan, olive oil, basil, salt and pine nuts.
- Cook the tagliatelle according to instructions on the package. Then drain retaining a cup of the cooking water to add to the pesto. This will help loosen it and make it more of a silky sauce.
- Return the pasta to the pan and add the pesto, remaining peas and as much of the pasta water as you need to smooth and coat the pasta in the pesto. Cook on a medium heat for a couple of minutes.
- Finally, season with freshly ground black pepper and drizzle with some olive oil. Serve immediately, adding extra parmesan if you so wish.