Sword Fish With Lemon Olive Oil
Pesce spada is my daughter Rosie’s favourite fish. I’m not sure if it is her image of this fearless fish, with a built in weapon, patrolling the Tyrrhenian sea or the juicy white steaks that tickle her fancy more. In this recipe we have paired it with lemon olive oil for a truly Sicilian blend of flavours.
- Lemon - 1
- Extra virgin olive oil with lemon – 1/3 cup
- Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Chopped fresh mint, plus sprigs for garnish – ¼ cup
- Large garlic cloves – 2 chopped
- Thin swordfish steaks – 4 each about 6 oz/170g
- Step 1
- Grate the zest from the lemon, then halve the lemon and squeeze out the juice. In a small bowl, whisk together the lemon zest, lemon juice, olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Step 2
- Stir in the chopped mint and garlic.
- Step 3
- Rinse the fish and pat dry. Place in a shallow bowl and pour the lemon mixture evenly over the top.
- Step 4
- Turn to coat well. Cover and refrigerate for an hour.
- Step 5
- Preheat a stovetop griddle or griddle pan. Remove the fish from the marinade and place on the griddle.
- Step 6
- Cook, turning once, until the fish is just opaque throughout, 2 to 3 minutes per side.
- Step 7
- Transfer the fish to warmed individual plates and garnish with the mint sprigs and lemon slices and lemon olive oil. Serve immediately.