Portobello Mushroom And Buffalo Mozzarella Panini
This is a recipe as comforting as your lover’s arms, as juicy as a ripe peach, and easy like Sunday morning. Perfect for fast food lovers who don’t want to stoop too low.
- Portobello mushrooms – 200g/7 oz
- Basil olive oil – a couple of tablespoons
- Salt and pepper - to taste
- Floury white bun/bread roll – one per person
- Sundried tomatoes – 3
- Mozzarella – 140g/5 oz of the fresh gooey stuff
- Basil – 12 leaves
- Step 1
- Brush the caps of the mushrooms with the basil olive oil. You either want one large mushroom per bun/bread roll or a couple of smaller ones.
- Step 2
- Grill with the cap up for 5 minutes. Then turn over, brush the gills with more oil, season with salt and pepper and grill until cooked through.
- Step 3
- Cut the bun in half and put both halves on the grill, cut side up.
- Step 4
- Lay the sliced mozzarella on one of the halves while its still grilling.
- Step 5
- Chop up the sundried tomatoes, and when the cheese is melted pop in the mushroom, sprinkle over the tomatoes and basil leaves and enjoy.