Pimp Your Pandoro
If you doubt whether that our amazing pandoro can be improved – try this. Slice the pandoro horizontally into layers, smear each one in this wicked blend of macarpone, cream and sugar and stand back. You will not only have a beautiful looking cake, but one that will be eaten even before the tea is finished brewing.
- Pandoro one which is 1.65lbs/750g
- Mascarpone cheese – 9oz/250g
- Whipping cream – 4.5oz/125g
- Egg yolk – 2
- White sugar – 4.5oz/125g
- Step 1
- Whip the cream into stiff peaks using an electric whisk (the colder the cream is at the start the easiest).
- Step 2
- Then beat the egg yolks and sugar in a large bowl until they are pale and smooth.
- Step 3
- Next add the mascarpone and then gently fold in the cream.
- Step 4
- Cut the pandoro horizontally into thick, even slices (with our pandoro it will probably be 5 or 6 max).
- Step 5
- Starting with the lowest slice first spread each one with the mascarpone cream and place each slice on slightly rotated so the points of the star don’t align.
- Step 6
- Finally dust the cake with the pack of icing sugar that comes with it.