Olive Oil Biscuits
These extra virgin olive oil biscuits are a top recipe to have on hand. Great for a handmade version of crackers, oat thins on cheese platter, or to simply to snack on as is.
- 130 g of semolina
- 100 g of plain flour
- Sea salt
- 2 tablespoons of Oil - Nudo Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 90 ml of warm water
- Sea salt flakes or dried herbs
- Step 1
- Heat the oven to 180C / 350F and line a good sized baking tray with baking paper.
- Step 2
- Put the semolina, flour and sea salt into a bowl and mix together. Stir in the extra virgin olive oil adding enough water to make a dough which you can bring together with your hands.
- Step 3
- Dust a wooden board or your work surface with some flour and knead the dough until it can be rolled out; be careful not to not over work the dough at this stage. Roll the dough out until it is about 5mm thick and then either cut into oblongs or use a shaped cutter to stamp out your biscuits. It is best to use two pieces of baking paper to roll out the dough if it is a little sticky, one below and one on top.
- Step 4
- Put the biscuits onto the baking tray, brush them with oil and sprinkle with dried herbs or salt to your taste. If you like, you can brush with a flavoured oil for a twist; we love the Rosemary oil for this.
- Step 5
- Bake for about 8-10 minutes or until they are golden brown. You might want to rotate them half way through cooking depending on your oven.
- Step 6
- Cool on a wire rack and serve warm or cooled. Particularly delicious served with soft goats cheese mixed with a little Greek Yogurt and some very fine lemon zest.