This simple spaghetti recipe is inspired by Liguria, the Italian Riviera, which is home to Nudo's own olive grove, Bestagno. The salty anchovies and capers in the dish are a sensory reminder of the beautiful coastline and the wonderful sea air. It is a wonderful mid-week meal as it's quick and easy, but also great to make in a large batch to impress a group.
- 160 ml of Nudo Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 6 rinsed and chopped anchovy fillets
- Salted capers - 2 teaspoons or as you like
- 2 good sized cloves of garlic roughly chopped
- Chopped flat leafed parsley
- 5 small tomatoes or 4 whole canned tomatoes
- Thick spaghetti for four people
- Sea Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Step 1
- Cook the pasta according to the instructions on the package. Make sure you do as the Italian's do and use plenty of well salted water.
- Step 2
- Heat the olive oil in a medium shallow pan, then add the anchovies, capers, garlic and about half of the parsley. Cook for 4 minutes being careful not to burn the garlic.
- Step 3
- Add in the tomatoes and cook until you have a nice sauce. Add the rest of the parsley to the sauce and check the seasoning.
- Step 4
- Drain the pasta and mix it into the sauce adding a drizzle of olive oil and serve.