Lemon & Almond Soup
This Lemon & Almond chilled soup is an easy and delicious recipe for summer. The ingredients are light and fresh but with punchy flavours, and as it's a chilled soup its a great option for summer lunches or a light dinner.
- 1 small onion
- 1 clove of garlic
- 4 tablespoons of Nudo Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tablespoon of flour
- 250 ml of single cream
- 1 ½ litres of stock – chicken or vegetable
- Juice and zest of a large unwaxed lemon
- Ground nutmeg
- Bay leaf
- 3 tablespoons of roasted almonds
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Nudo Lemoni olive oil
- Step 1
- Finely chop the onion and crush the garlic with the back of a wooden spoon.
- Step 2
- Heat the olive oil in a large pan and add the onion and garlic until it browns gently.
- Step 3
- Add the flour and stirring constantly cook over a low heat for a minute.
- Step 4
- Add the stock and bring to the boil using a wire whisk to avoid any lumps forming.
- Step 5
- Add the lemon juice and zest, bay leaf and nutmeg.
- Step 6
- Season to taste.
- Step 7
- Simmer for 20 minutes.
- Step 8
- Add 2/3rds of the almonds, discard the bay leaf and blitz in the blender.
- Step 9
- Return to the pan to add the cream whisking gently.
- Step 10
- Step 11
- Garnish with a little lemon zest and remaining almonds.
- Step 12
- For an extra lemony hit drizzle some of Nudo Lemoni oil over also.