For those of you sticking to the new year’s resolution to shed those pounds, this recipe is just the ticket. For those who disdain all diets, this is the perfect accompaniment to that enormous, juicy steak. This recipe has anchovies, but for a vegetarian/vegan option simple don't add them.
- Courgettes – 4/660g/23oz
- Extra virgin olive oil with lemons – 1/3 cup
- Chilli peppers – 2 (depending on strength) finely chopped
- Garlic – 2 cloves crushed
- Lemon – the juice of one
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Anchovy fillets in olive oil – 10 (optional)
- Step 1
- Wash, top and tail the courgettes. With your mandolin or Julienne peeler cut the courgettes into long thing strips. Add the rest of the ingredients into a large mixing bowl and with the back of a fork, squash and mix them all together. Add the courgettes and mix thoroughly with your hands.
- Step 2
- Serve immediately with some extra mint leaves sprinkled on top.