Agnello Alla Brace
There is hardly a simpler way to pay homage to a young spring lamb – and in our view, none more delicious.
- Lamb chops – 4 small chops per person
- Olive oil – 3 tablespoons
- Lemon – 1
- Rosemary, thyme and oregano
- Salt and pepper
- Step 1
- Nazzareno Innamorati does this alla brace style, over the flame grill but he gave us a recipe to take home with us. In a bowl mix the oil, juice from half the lemon and all herbs and a couple of garlic cloves finely chopped. Then with your hands massage the mix into the chops. Leave covered for an hour.
- Step 2
- Warm a grill pan over a medium heat. When it’s hot push the chops firmly onto the pan and cook for a couple of minutes (longer if they are thicker). Turn over and sprinkle salt and freshly ground pepper over the cooked side. Cook for another couple of minutes. It should be eaten rose pink with a couple of wedges of juicy lemon.
- Step 3
- Why not serve it with: Oily chicory Chicory – 1 kg Garlic – 3 cloves Olive oil – 3 tablespoons Chilli – 1 small Salt and pepper to taste Cut the bases off the chicory and cook in boiling salted water for 5 minutes. Drain well. Slowly heat the olive oil with the whole peeled garlic until it is browned. Add the chicory and whole chilli and cook for another several minutes. Take out the garlic and chilli, season with salt and pepper and serve with a drizzle of olive oil.