5 ways Extra Virgin Olive Oil can make you healthier
Extra Virgin Olive Oil is good for you. The chemicals, nutrients and health giving components of Extra Virgin Olive Oil are well researched and conclusively proven but highly complex. For your edification, here are the four chemicals in olive oil most important to health.
- POLYPHENOLS - Studies have shown that polyphenols are 'anti-ageing' as they help fight against age related diseases such as high blood pressure, heart disease and cholesterol, as well as certain types of cancer and having anti-inflammatory properties. Polyphenols are foudn in extra vrigin olive oil, they are the spicy kick in the back of your throat when you taste it.
- OLEOCANTHAL – a phytonutrient which mimics the effect of ibuprofen, reduces inflammation, and decreases the risk of various cancers.
- VITAMIN E – an antioxidant and all-round good egg of a chemical.
- LDL – low-density lipoproteins improve blood sugar control and can help protect against diabetes.
- HYDROXYTYROSOL — this polyphenol helps protect the cells lining our blood vessels from damage caused by overly reactive oxygen molecules. Healthy blood vessels, healthy heart.
Adopt an Olive Tree
Adopt an Olive Tree and receive deliveries of pure, premium, extra virgin olive oil from your tree on a small-scale, sustainable olive grove in Italy.
Explore the world of Nudo
Extra Virgin Olive Oil Bestagno Fresh from the Farm Nudo Products Adoption deliveries The Olive Groves Nudo Olive Tree Adoption Flavoured Olive Oils Food & Recipes Videos Aleandri Harvest How It's Done Organics Health Benefits Le Marche Gifts Award Winning Nudo Christmas Fraud Regional oil Liguria Olio Nuovo Monovarietal oil Natali Sustainability Nonno Tato