Jason Gibb and Cathy Rogers set up Nudo in 2005 after buying and restoring an abandoned 21 acre olive grove in Italy's Le Marche.
Their love of the Italian countryside inspired their now famous adopt an olive tree programme which allows people all over the world to adopt an Italian olive tree and receive its oil. The programme involves a collaboration between a group of small scale, artisanal olive producers in Le Marche, Abruzzo and Sicily. Each olive farmer keeps responsibility for the care of their grove, and all the olive oil goes into the Nudo adoption programme. In giving financial security to the olive farmers, the programme makes viable the traditional farming methods which, quite simply, produce the world's best olive oil.
- We ship by sea and land rather than air wherever possible
- We package our oil in tins to keep our oil fresher and because tin is better for the environment than glass
- We endorse and encourage any and all hugging of olive trees
- Artichokes - especially in Jason's artichoke lasagne
- Acrobats (and any other people who can jump onto someone else's shoulders)
- The Alice in Wonderland i-pad app (you can juggle pills!)
- Asparagus foraged from the fields. You might only get 5 stalks but they'll be the best you've ever tasted