Jason Gibb and Cathy Rogers set up Nudo in 2005 after buying and restoring an abandoned 21 acre olive grove in Italy's Le Marche.
Their love of the Italian countryside inspired their now famous adopt an olive tree programme which allows people all over the world to adopt an Italian olive tree and receive its oil. The programme involves a collaboration between a group of small scale, artisanal olive producers in Le Marche, Liguria and Sicily. Each olive farmer keeps responsibility for the care of their grove, and all the olive oil goes into the Nudo adoption programme. In giving financial security to the olive farmers, the programme makes viable the traditional farming methods which, quite simply, produce the world's best olive oil.
- Our adoption programme is a collaboration of small scale, artisanal producers around the world. The programme is a platform for micro-producers to bring high-quality, speciality food to a wider audience
- Each producer keeps responsibility for the care of their grove, garden or field and Nudo helps give financial security to the farmers. This in turn helps to keep traditional farming practices alive and protects the countryside from intensive and destructive modern farming methods
- Buy direct from the producer
- Katharine Doré – owner & olive oil producer
- Jason Gibb - founder & olive oil producer
- Cathy Rogers - founder & olive oil producer
- Martin Kunz - shareholder & tea guru